Monday, September 3, 2012

In other words

So, I just completed a timed writing component for an amazing job opportunity at the Mongan Institute for Health Policy at Mass. General Hospital and I feel in the mood to write. Though what I want to write about I am thoroughly unsure. All I really have to say on this matter is that I am FREAKING OUT about what I wrote for the writing exercise. I have never had to do something like this before for a job and while I am sure it is decent in my mind all I can do is think one million self deprecating thoughts: Did I write intelligently enough? Did I follow the prompt correctly? Did I accurately comprehend the information in the article? How does my writing compare to others who are applying for the job? Should I have used more impressive words? Will my writing be considered at all good to those who are evaluating it? Could I have done this better? Could I have done that better? Had I done this better would it, in turn, have made that better? Was this even good? Was that even comprehensible? What if this was terrible and it affected that and this and that together are the most awful combination of words the English language has ever had the displeasure to be used for?

No comments:

Post a Comment