Friday, September 28, 2012

On being 20 24

Yesterday was my 24th birthday and the day was lovely.

The morning started with a visit from H. She brought me a birthday cupcake and gave me a cuddly brown cable-knit sweater. We then popped around the corner for some coffee and treats at 3 Little Figs, my bakery obsession.

After breakfast we took a nice stroll around Davis Square and then jumped on the T to head down to H's corner of the city. There we parted ways and I headed to the Isabella Gardner Museum. If you ever visit Boston I highly recommend visiting this museum. It is in an elegant four story Venetian palace with a statue-filled courtyard in the middle. Three floors are open to the public and on each floor there are themed rooms, such as the Dutch Room and the Titan Room, filled with pieces of art and history. I slowly wandered through the museum, often sitting to take everything in, and pretending it was my home. I spent almost 3 hours there, and I could have spent even more. Dreamy.

After the museum I headed to the top of the Prudential Building (otherwise known as The Hub) for a decadent snack of crème brûlée and Laguvulin 16 whiskey and a breathtaking view of the city.

Birthday Snack and View 09.27.12

For dinner I met up with my roommate I. for a sushi feast at Thelonius Monkfish, followed by ice cream at one of the top 5 creamery's in the states: Toscanini's.

After dinner we headed home. I built a sheet fort and snuggled in to watch some comfort-Netflix and drink some chocolate milk. A little before midnight L. called to wish me a happy birthday, and I talked with him for a while as the day faded into September 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment